Tuesday 27 March 2012

Two amazing athletes

Good evening

last night I tried to post the links to my friends blogs but my ipad doesn't like to get along with the eblogger site so I will try again on my PC
Lisa trains hard and has a full time job and a family like most of the age groupers in triathlon and still finds time to train her heart out every day that really inspires me to train, my first ride out with the DRTC I arrived at the rec centre early to try to figure out what to do and the first two people I met was Susan and Lisa they joked with me and made me feel comfortable but they had to leave early because they were going longer !
Lisa is racing in the Ironman Texas race in May which is quickly approaching, she is doing it in honour of two people close to her heart, her brother Kevin who passed away from cancer and her son Tavis who has cerebral palsy. Lisa is raising money and awareness for the Grandview children's center in Oshawa that help out Lisa's  family.  I have a very young niece with charge syndrome and my sister in law is a single parent along with another young child  and she will greatly benefit from the help from Grandview children's center so Lisa doing this race and raising awareness and money for the Grandview children's center is helping many people ! and i thank her and look up to her for accomplishing such a massive goal! what she does is nothing short of amazing ! with a very supportive family and friends and team and coach (it sure takes a lot of support to make this happen) I am very proud of Lisa and thank her for her huge help to a great cause.
I hope this link works.

http://destinationimtexas.blogspot.ca/?m=1



My next amazing athlete is Liz, she has over come her fear of swimming and turned her run into a run after completing a 30 km race this passed weekend ! Liz will be a force to be reckoned with out there this year !! her swimming has improved and she is already lightening on the bike and now she has a 30 road race in her pocket !! im very proud of her ! Liz is raising money to help Oshawa's gate 3:16 outreach center with a goal of 5000 dollars, which also is a very worthy cause  Liz and I are in most of the same races this summer and will enjoy training with such an amazing individual 

http://lizval.blogspot.ca/?m=1


I really enjoy training with these athletes and the others on our team ! they are a strong supportive group of people that have completely changed the way I think about life !

Thanks guys you are all awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment