Monday 12 March 2012

One year ago

Good evening


This was the month, pretty close to the exact day I decided to do my first triathlon ! I'm very happy I stuck it out through all the difficult times! All the times I wanted to give up! I'm in the best shape of my life and getting better by the day! The only regret I have Is proper Nutrition !!!! If I would have been eating right from the start I would be at my race weight of 220 !! But with careful planning (if I ever get any time) I will be to my race weight by my long race in August ! What a huge battle ! I thought, train train train but it's more than that !! Train plan train plan think think, it's as much mental as physical..
I have friends at all different levels and everyone has to sacrifice all the same things ! But the reward at the end is more than you think !
The best reward is health !! And after the race is over, after all the cheers and high fives, at the finish, all the tears (and training in this sport there is gonna be some) I can't imagine my life any other way !
I sometimes wish it was easier, I've seen myself having to get up at 330 am to be at the gym for 5 because I sit on the side of my bed and think up excuses why I don't want to go ! Why it would be much easier to just lay there instead of training but I always go!! I think in total I have only missed about 20 days of scheduled training, now a few of those days might not have been at 100% but I still trained!
I don't know what's up with me today but so pumped to go jump in the pool I can hardly sit here and wait !!
So I hope this is going to be an awesome race season !!! As it stands now I will have someone I know at every race !!! Which always makes it fun ! And I think even 3 out of the 4 races my coach will be at !!!!
I had the most amazing swim tonight it will be hard to ever top that ! I watched people come and people go and I was still swimming !! I love that .

.
I better get to sleep have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment