Wednesday 21 March 2012

Compression sleeves

Good evening !

I couldn't resist this beautiful weather !
I had an amazing ride tonight but I think I might have been the last one for a couple weeks with the look of the long range forecast !
I misjudged my time, my plan said an hour and a half and I was about 145 but it was so nice kind of a treat !
I was just on fire today, on my ride I averaged 30.1 km per hour on my bike computer which I'm real happy with.
I was also lucky enough to say "on your left" today which made me giggle, as a picture of my friend Susan flashed in my head !!! Not because she is slow, she is an amazing athlete but just because it was a fun night last year at track night coach John would always cheer me on to go pass her ! Always lots of fun !!! But back to my "on your left"story!!! I had about 20 km done and my body was warmed up and just getting in my grove and I turned left up waverly st in Bowmanville to go north to Nash rd to go back east when I saw a fellow cyclist!!!! And me being a social person and a tad bit competitive thought it would be a great idea to ride with someone !!! Or catch and pass them! Then I thought maybe he was to far away but I put it into the big gear and pressed on ! He was about 2 football fields ahead, but away I went there was a big hill coming up so I thought I'd catch him then as long as I pulled the hill hard! I didn't do well on the hill because I used up alot of juice on the flat trying to catch him and when I got to the top he had doubled the distance again, but I put my head back down and gassed it down the hill again! And I caught him, after I got home I checked my computer on my iPhone and that 20 min stretch I averaged around 38 km per hour !! It was fun !!!! But after I caught up I cycled behind him and wasn't sure about bike etiquette if I was to pass but then thought I did all that work to catch I better pass "on your left sir" I said and away I went gave a friendly wave and passed the roadie !! I like to pass roadies because for some reason they don't like tri bikes. At least the ones around here!!!
So on to the compression sleeves! I'm not sure how many people like them but the science shows the work and other science shows they don't !
I know for a fact they help my run and my recovery ! And I feel they also help my bike !!! How you say ? I'm not sure but I feel better after and during ! With the run especially, and although I can't tell any specific scientific proof I will swear buy them for me !!! I feel much less pain after !


I hope you had a wonderful sunny day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment