Thursday 29 March 2012

Maintenance means everything

So my swim went good tonight ! I did my first 1500 m at a nice pace just around 60 percent then I thought since my shoulder is feeling good I would time my last 750 m it worked out to 15.50...my first 250 m was 5.15 second was 5.16 my last 250 m was 5.19 so I didn't drop much on my splits very pleased ! Now that I'm home after the swim I feel a tiny bit of pulling in my right shoulder but I'm glad it's not pain !!!
So back to the maintenance !! A triathlete needs regular massage from a registered massage therapist and I'm not just saying that because my friend Peter is a very good one ! But it helps, I'm almost due for my next one !
Also I go to see dr Jason Taylor in whitby he does a great job at keeping lots of triathletes bodies in top shape ! At first I was unsure of the benefits but I have witnessed it with my own eyes its an absolute must to take care of your body when you are putting it threw extensive training !
I have quite a crew of people working with me to achieve my goals ! Its totally amazing to have such support !
Tomorrow is my day off which is nice because of my busy weekend Saturday I have a two hour spin followed by an event for the Durham region triathlon club which I am a board member of and love supporting, we have a table at the Durham sports fair at the civic to promote our club check us out on the web or facebook !
I will not try to post a link with my iPhone again but maybe tomorrow I'll do it with my PC
Hope you have a good night and cross your fingers no snow tomorrow night !


No comments:

Post a Comment