Monday 5 March 2012

How did I swim without it?

My swimp3 I don't know how I ever swam in a pool without it!! It works amazing !!! 180 dollars from Durham swimwear worth every penny. I did notice I had to work a bit harder on pace because my favorite tunes were blaring threw my cheek bones.....that's right ......threw my cheek bones ! Which is great for me because I wear ear plugs ! I started off with a little bit of rise against then a little ...I Mother Earth....then over to some eminem my favorite so there was quite a few of those followed by some biggie smalls a little bit of old school and before I knew it I was swimming for a hour and a half
My friend Robbie was in the pool tonight blasting threw her swim workout..... It's always nice to see my tri buddies working out ! It's not so bad when you see others giving up there spare time to train too!-
I was about one third into my swim and a fellow swimmer looked like he wanted to talk to me which I rarely ever do while training...so I stopped to talk to him and it turns out he was interested in starting to train for a marathon I said "you are out here swimming you should do a triathlon he seemed very interested in everything I was doing asking me how long I was swimming for and what kind of goggles I had and I felt it was my turn to give back to the sport and answer all his questions! And for those of you that know me You know i can talk the stripes off a zebra so I didn't mind taking a few minutes out to talk to him about triathlon ! Also a nice plug for the Durham Region Triathlon Club always looking for new members to keep our club growing strong and healthy! After all the help and support I received from this wonderful group of people it's my turn to give back!!!
I'm real glad I'm back on the up side of this roller coaster training ride where the smallest thing could cause problems!!! As I get further into training I have found out that it's way more mental than physical for me ! I believe it's making me stronger !!!!
Have a great night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment