Wednesday 11 January 2012

Stretch Stretch

Good afternoon !!
I learned a very valuable lesson about stretching !!! Do it well and do it often! my legs were so tight yesterday i thought i was a gonner !!!! lucky for me my friend Peter is a RMT that was avalible to fix those extreamly tight legs!!!! He did an amazing job no pain for most of the day but are starting to tighten up abit since ive been at my desk most of the day !
`Coach Paul has me starting yoga this week and I have scheduled time in all my routiens for daily proper stretching !!! just another thing on the full plate of triathlon!!!!!
Due to the introduction of yoga into my schedule coach Paul has had to move my off day from monday to friday!!! That could prove to be difficult since in the past Friday was beer and chicken wing night!!! but once again i need to put a value on it!!!!! and its valuable to sucseed!!!
My weight loss is going real good down to 264 lbs this morning  so 44 more lbs to go before my target weight!of 220 lbs and this mornings resting heart rate was 55 which is good !!tonight I cycle for 1.5 hours and  im going to test my recovery heart rate and see how that is!!!!

The picture above ws my first race in Cobourg ontario. The week before this Tara , Peter and I went out to Cobourg and did the course before the big day !! the water was a beautiful 22 but the day of the race it dropped down to 14 it was very cold !!!! they actually shortened the race top 300 m I did well in the swim that day after i finally started to swim !!! the water was so cold it took my breath away and i couldnt get going !!when i got out of the water i was so cold i couldnt even remember the first couple miniutes of the bike but finnaly got it going !! and the run was a typical Jeff run,,,,, a cross between a 1971 Buick and a turtle but I finally made it home!!

"Some people consider the marithon the ultimate endurance test . We consider it a cool down!"

No comments:

Post a Comment