Friday 13 January 2012

Snow plowing the other endurance race

Good morning !!!
Well spin clas is in 4 hours I'm just getting home from a 22 hour day !!!!!
Most of the guys are still working but my assistant is running the show so I can gt home and sleep before class! Plowing snow is almost as demanding as a triathlon!!! I've seen me awake for three days at a time with no sleep ( not good ) but it's my job !! I'm the supervisor of about twenty drivers with 9 trucks clearing the streets of a local municipality and let me tell you there is never a dull moment!!i think I have delt with almost every problem there is !! (ALMOST)I have a great bunch of guys working for me !! All of which put the same effort in as I do ,,,, I think because they see the pride and effort I put in they do the same !! I would never ask one of my men to do something I wouldn't do! I think I bring my hard work ,dedication, and willpower from work to the sport of triathlon every time I train! I give 100% every time I put on my swimsuit , bike shoes, or runners!!!
I went to Durham swimwear today to try on a tri suit fit kit for my triathlon club but no luck!!! I think I would have to get a 5 or 6 xxxxxxl tri suit !!!! they are not made for people my size which makes me work even harder to get into that size .......but I think even if I try my hardest I will never see the inside of a Louis garneau tri suit! Let's face it there isn't to many 260 lb triathletes ! Which brings me to another thought !!! Why is there not many big triathletes ?? For one thing it's twice as hard on our bodies ...the impact on our feet, knees, and hip joints is tremendous, the amount of food we eat is incredible....I've been eating 3000 calories per day for a week know and went from 278 lbs to 263,,,,we need lots of fuel !! I've been drinking around 80 ozs of water per day and still struggle to stay hydrated and all that's before we start to even think about training !!
Ok I'm out of gas !! Time for bed

Have a great day !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment