Monday 2 April 2012

A way of life

Triathlon started as just a hobby sport like hockey is to me ! I think about hockey usually the day before I play if at all ! Triathlon is an everyday commitment !! I get lots of people and friends that say "I think your crazy" or "that's not good for you" or my favorite "your over training" in those people's eyes I may be crazy and they might think I'm over training but I have a plan and a coach and a new way of life ! And yes the day I had today would put a non triathlete to bed but here we go ill try to explain it !!!
Wake up at 445 am get ready for work (7 am start) I like to toddle around in the morning work a full day till 530 pm and head home (1hour drive) to whitby for our Drtc monthly board meeting, discuss club business for two hours then scarf down a snack and head to the pool for a 1 hour swim ! After the swim of course I'm hungry again so shepherds pie and a salad and a small piece of lasagna ! Yes yes I know I shouldn't eat that close to bed time but when your in the 260s you need fuel for your ship!!!
Hoping to be in bed by 11:15 to get up at 500 am tomorrow to start it all over again!!! Leave for work at 6 home to the gym at 630 do my 25 mins on the tread mill 40 mins on the elliptical then my 1 hour of weights and whammoo
Its 930 pm again!!
And yes to some it might seem like I'm complaining but I'm not, I'm just trying to explain the life style and commitment changes it takes to be a triathlete!


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment