Monday 23 April 2012

Not sad to see the trainer put away !

It's been a long winter sitting on the trainer ! And for those athletes who sit on their bikes on the trainers much longer than me I'm sure your glad the nice weather is coming soon too!

A very busy fast approaching season is coming up for me and I feel very confident I will enjoy it! I have four races coming up and can't wait ! I'm also very excited for the up coming DRTC season also. We are sure it's going to be a fun filled exciting year!

I Felt a little motivational spark today and I'm glad it's finally come back ! I have a business trip that leaves on Friday morning and when I come back I plan to be in full swing with my first race coming on the horizon the fire seems to be started !

I have decided that it's going to be a good thing for my children to do this summer also !!!! I'm going over my schedule to try to plan a race for each of them to do, my oldest daughter has already started training with me and the other two next week ! It will be so much fun!!!!!

My first race I get to race with my sister in law and my third I get to race with my brother in law! Both of those races will be exciting for the whole family ! I really have to thank my brother in law Garth for turning on my triathlon switch it has sure made a great difference in my life !!!!!! As did my friend Kim who pointed me in the right direction!

Without my coach I would be lost also he is very good at saying the right things at the right times for so many people he coaches, I hear it all the time and have experienced it for myself ! Just when your world is crumbling around you he fixes everything with a single talk !!!!!

Old faithful !!!!! My family, they take the brunt of everything ! Those days your tired and grumpy and those days that you can't go on they are always there with that friendly family nudge out the door !!!! They say things like "common dad I want you to be an ironman "
Or Erin's favorite " common dude are you gonna sit there and think about it or get out and do it?" do many people putting so much into it that's what makes triathlon a beautiful thing !

I have one memory that sticks in my head ! On I will always remember!! It was my last race of the year last year and I blew myself up on the bike so my run was a walk/run when I thought I would try to run my last two km when I had one km left I rounded the corner and my friend from the DRTC was there and said "common you have been training for this all year now get your foot into it" that was enough spark to fire me up and I sprinted the last km!
Well as much of a sprint that I had left!!! But I did pass about ten people it kind of looked like a charging rhino !! But I did it !!! Now to get ready for this season !!!!

Have a great night !



And thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment