Saturday 21 April 2012

Is the off season important?

Yes it is !i think that you need to put as much into the off season as you do in the training season ! I listened to coach paul talk about how we will benefit in the summer from the hard work we put into the winter !

I will not make the same mistakes during this off season ! I had huge plans about cutting weight and starting my season at 220 lbs but unfortunately it's not going to happen !

If I try hard I might be at my race weight for the 70.3 ironman but I will have to work real hard for that ! I will need to monitor all meals plan all meals and be completely honest with myself !!!

I'm not completely upset about the weight loss thing because I'm still lighter than last season and still fit, even though this last month has been a bit of a screw up I will be on track for the third of may when I return from my business trip to Milwaukee for the snow conference !

So next years off season will be very important due to my plans for ironman in 2013. I think with my kids being one year older and more independent I will be able to train threw the winter like I need to for the full ironman !

Have a great night !

No comments:

Post a Comment