Thursday 2 February 2012

Ups and downs

We all have them ! Ups and downs I just haven't had a down in a while (in my training) I've had a few comments today from some people that dont train for triathlon but know what im up too asking me what's wrong? I say oh nothing !!! Just a little tired .....then I get the famous words !!!"oh your doing to much your over training" I just politely smile and in my mind I know I'm fine then I say it's just life ! As you all know I have a coach that pays extra special care in making plans that fit into everyone's life and he watches with a close eye in every class we are in always checking up to make sure we are ok !! Even when you think he isn't watching ,,,,, he is ! I really had a tough time making it through my 1.5 hour bike last night and the swim today was a struggle but managed to make it threw !! It wasn't pretty but I did it! I changed my diet up a bit this week taking out some of the crappy things so I'm sure my body had to work a little harder to get energy ! (that's just what I think though I'm no expert) I just looked back on my training log and the only difference was that I had more complex carbs this week and less sugar and white breads.... I have an easy work day tommorow so I'm going to put a lot into planning ! And make next week a huge success. Threw the course of the week I hear all different kinds of weight loss techniques from all different kinds of people.. Some say "oh Jeff your doing it all wrong you need to be on a high protein diet" some say "oh Jeff you need to be on a low fat diet" and once again I just smile and nod my head because the real people that know about the diet of a triathlete is one who has been threw this sport before,,,,and I'm surrounded by some real experienced smart people that help me when I need it ! The nutrition part of this sport is just as important as the training for the sport ! And I learn new stuff every day !!! It's not only people like me that have a hard time with nutrition ...even the thin people have a hard time because you have to eat different almost every day ! Carbs on big work out days ( actually the day before for my big days I need to eat carbs like crazy,, and my smaller days a bit less carbs and my day off is usually my steak or roast beef day because it sticks around a little longer in me and keeps me full and out of the fridge . I have a funny feeling that 2 pounds a week is going to be a bit harder to achieve so I may scale it back to a pound a week and not get so stressed over it like my friend mark told me !!! He just said be patient and it will come off !!! Two weeks ago coach Paul said something about turning up the switch And I knew it was coming but I thought turning up the switch ment longer workouts but I was wrong,,,,,the workouts have been the same hours for me but wooooow he he the intensity turned up to about 9!!!! All my tri buddies are looking good out there I really think its going to be a big year for our team and the Durham region triathlon club ! You can check the club out on line at      thedrtc.ca
                                                                       



 "TRIATHLON- its not about finding your limits. It's about finding out what lies beyond them."

No comments:

Post a Comment