Monday 20 February 2012

I missed one day !

After all this training I've figured out a few things !
One is as much as I want to believe im still a newbie! And yes I will make some mistakes !
Number two is sometimes life gets in the way and life will go on!
Number three sometimes you just need a break !
I can go on for ever !!! This sport takes so much of your life you need to make careful decisions with everything you do !! Today was family day and yes I did go swim even though I had a rest day scheduled but last week I didn't do anything and I think I needed a day to just go float around the pool and get focused again ! Thanks to a good friend that always puts things into perspective for me I think I'm finally able to get back on track ! I was on a major derailment and today's swim made training fun again something I forgot about a couple weeks ago ! I made my training a complete obsession ! I trained tired , sick , and put it ahead of everything ! So now I still will take it seriously but keep in mind I'm not a pro and my family is still very important and if I miss one or two training sessions a month it's ok!
I have lots of friends who keep telling me this but I guess I had to learn it for myself! It's just the way I am lol
I'm very thankful for all my friends and there great advise they give me in this sport !!! Its a tough sport I guess that's why they call it IRONMAN
For all those who have already completed an ironman my hat is off to you ! It's an amazing thing to accomplish and I'm proud to train along side of you!
And for all of you that plan to do an ironman I'm also proud to train along side of you ! And can't wait for the day I get to cross the finish line and hear them say I'm an ironman, but I now know it can't be forced and I'm going to take my time and train patiently and proudly and wait for my chance to cross the finish line !
Thanks again for all my friends and family for your support !
And sorry to my girls for missing one day of blogging !!!! Lol !!!
My biggest fans !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment