Friday 10 February 2012

Things are going to get a little sideways

Well here comes the snow ! My diet has gone out the window ! And my job has changed ! I can't sleep ! I missed my swim last night! Wow that's a lot of whining!
So by the looks of things I'm going to have to really regroup after this one ! I think I will start with my job issues and get that strait! Because no job no triathlon ! (since I'm not pro yet lol) if I miss a couple workouts it might be the rest I need to get back on track! I will take one day off work next week maybe even 2 so I can regroup after this weekend full of chaos and start fresh from then !!! I trust my training and trust my level of fitness to say I will recover !!
My new job isn't anything different than I've been doing for my last 12 years but it's a different snow camp in a different town (toronto) and I don't know anything about it or any of the men so it will be interesting !!!! When I had the camp in my home town I knew all the men on a personal level I knew all the town guys too, I knew the city and most important I had my family close by to lean on (team Drinkle) when I got messed up from not sleeping for a few days. My family including my kids went into operation "keep daddy operational"
After staying awake for a couple days simple things become difficult!
Since I've been up since 430am worrying about this storm I should try to lay back down but if I can't I will get up and put on my big boy cloths and get on with my day! "lol" I'll have a good big breakfast a shower and get ready to drop the gloves with mother nature! I can already guess I will miss tomorrows spin class and maybe even Sundays workouts but I'm not going to train exhausted!
This weekend is the reason why my boss has me in this position ! With my ability to deal with multiple sessions of chaos all at the same time so I better not let him down !


"sometimes life itself can simulate an Ironman! There is no such thing as CAN'T !!! Put you head down and finish your race!"



If you get somewhere safely in bad weather !!! Thank a snowplow operator

Have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment