Friday 17 February 2012

Sometimes you just need a break

Good evening!!
Life sure gives lots of challenges nothing surprises me anymore!! It has ups and downs and sideways !!! I thought the training was going to be the hard part ! But nope it's not ! I think the mental part is much harder also organization and planning is much more harder than training any day!
Triathlon is a way of life you have to sacrifice plenty but the goals that are achieved are amazing! I have been off training now for one complete week nursing my sore back into shape!!
I really miss my training and miss my tri buddies!
I received an email from a friend today a fellow triathlete that moved away he is also blessed with a large frame like myself and always offers his experience and friendly advice which is greatly appreciated ! Without all these people helping me out in every way I don't think I could do it! I guess that's why some people just run marathons
(just kidding)
I saw a triathlete in a photo wearing a shirt that said that !!! "oh you do marathons ? That's cute"
I shouldn't bug the runners they can run way farther than me lol! It takes a lot to endurance train ! Lots more than people think ! You need a strong family! Because that's all that will be important most of the year, you need understanding friends ,,, there is a good chance you won't see many of them unless they buy a bike and by now you most likely don't have a friend that can keep up to you on a bike without a motor on it!!! Most of your friends won't Putin a wetsuit and jump in the water and swim 3 km !! I'm usually just getting in from a workout when most of my buddies are either just getting up or just getting home from the bar!
I was very lucky to find a bunch of new friends ! A great bunch of people I spend thousands of hours with training! and it's great !
I think everyone needs a coach too it much easier when you don't have to plan your workouts ! You just open your email and there you go ! Your coach can also offer valuable info for you in different situations. It's also good too have someone to help with nutrition because it just as important as training!!! Without good nutrition your not going to finish ! And if you do it won't be pretty!
I have found out why not everyone does triathlons!!!! BECAUSE THEY ARE HARD !!!!

I hope my friends who are going through a hard weekend are ok!!! My thoughts are with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment