Wednesday 7 December 2011

When the going gets tough

Good evening !

Over the last couple days thoughts of just training for a little race or maybe not at all has crossed my mind just looking at the large volume of hours that needs to be put in to finish a big race ! I came home from work today a little down in the dumps my wife immediately knew what was up ! I said I've almost had enough and her comment was "we have stood beside you for a year now and pushed you when you needed and put up with your tired grumpy moods after hours of training and Im not going to sit back and watch you throw away your dreams and goals now go downstairs and get your damn bike" she said it with a small tear in her eye because she knows how important this is to me and she knows how tired I am !!
I don't know if any other athletes ever have these kinds of feelings but it sure makes it hard to find that extra to go forward and to top it all off the flu virus is making its rounds through my house and I'm the last survivor .....just waiting to get it is difficult bye itself ...and I hate being sick more than hate swimming in weeds....but we will see !!!!If you dont see me at spin class on Saturday you will know why!!!!
Some good news coach Paul is making the Saturday spin class 3 hours long now!!! We will for sure be ready for the race season now!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment