Wednesday 21 December 2011

Spin class alone

Good evening !!!
4 more sleeps till the big day and by the looks of things it will be a green Christmas !
So green in fact I could cut my grass one more time ! With this warm weather the lakes up north are not frozen and I won't be going fishing new years eve like I've done for the last 25 years!!! A little upset about that !
This coming year is all about change for me so I'm glad there is no ice on the lakes ! I might as well start the year off with something new ! Because it's going to be the norm for the rest of my life I'm quite sure once I finally get in shape and reach my goals a new set will come but I'm not going to break stride until my current goals are reached !
Today was my first spin class all alone in my room ! Quite different than sweating it out with my tri buddies but still very satisfying!!! I put the head phones in turned up RISE AGAINST for those of you who don't listen to them it's very aggressive new rock lol and began to spin !
I had to stop though for a minute before I got going and think up a name for my solo spin class
I called it "washing the floor" because I knew when I was done that's what I would be doing!!
I had an amazing ride !!for some strange reason today I thought Paul's Wednesday spin classes were two hours long ! And proceeded to rip it up for two full hours ! My wife informed me it wasn't Saturday and wondered why I was still spinning ! I said I wasn't quite home yet and continued as she giggled and walked away !!
I knew tonight was going to be a difficult one to get started so when I was on my lunch break I did some Internet surfing for some interesting motivational quotes !! And I found one I really liked !'!!!!!!!

- “Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don’t think about them, I just do them.  The decision has already been made.” – Patti Sue Plumer, U.S. Olympian


I liked it so much in fact I searched for more by the time I was done I had copied and pasted a 47 page word document !!!!!! I looked at them when I started spinning which helped me light the fire ! Once it was lit i put them down and turned up RISE AGAINST and went to work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment