Monday 19 December 2011

Finally nearing the end

Good morning !

From the flu last week to a wicked head cold , sore throat, stuffy nose, I look like a truck ran over me, and I missed my training yesterday and now it's 3 am and I'm wide awake lol !!!
I actually real glad that this all happened this month and not in January so when the dial gets turned up a bit I'm not sick then !!!!! Because getting sick with two kids in primary school and one in high school is a given, some of the nastiest viruses come from school !
I went to a Christmas party on Sunday and was talking to a friend that has decided to take up this wonderful sport of triathlon she said if Jeff Drinkle can turn his life around for the better so could she ! I'm so proud of her ! I think it was a great idea ! She is going to do the Guelph tri-a-tri and I'm doing the sprint the same day and told her I will be there to support her when the gun goes off !!!!!
I didnt even start training last season until may so I'm real excited about this season because I will have a whole years training under my belt and right now even feeling as sick as I have been lately still feel 100% better than last year at this time ! I also have a short break from work coming up too that is going to be the planning time for my training and life plan ! I might even pull out the sketch book and pencils and draw a couple pictures! That will be a welcome sign for my family because it seems the only time I draw is when I'm completely stress free with a clear mind ! I keep all my art stuff close at hand just in case I have some time but it never happens, that's another thing I'm going to do next year is more drawing !which will equal less stress!
This also will be my last season for hockey the risk of injury is so high I would hate to get a injury and mess this season of triathlon up ! The level of intensity you need to play at for that sport is incredible you need to be on the edge of insanity to play well ! That's why there is so many fights in hockey because the level of adrenalin is so high there is no choice
sometimes it is a very emotional game.
I'm keeping a sharp eye on my experienced triathlon friends and watching their minds start to work thinking of this up coming season ! This just fascinates me to watch this unfold with the Saturday spin classes possibly going to a three hour class when it's time to hit the pavement there will be a lot of prepared athletes hitting the road ! "ON YOUR LEFT" will be in a lot of athletes vocabulary this year !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment