Sunday 4 December 2011

End of a busy weekend

So ends my busy weekend a little disappointed I didn't accomplish everything that needed to be done but the bare minimum has been completed! I had a very different day today unlike any other Sunday I've had in a while! Free time to myself no phones no kids no nothing !!!! But I managed to not have one minute to sit down !!! Hockey at 730 am till 9 am then home to see the rest of the family off for the day ! Quickly left for the gym ,,,,,,I warmed up then did my weights I wasn't rushed today so I added a couple extra different exercises in to my routine to get a real good work out. After I finished my weights I jumped into my cardio 45 mins on the elliptical then right into a full body stretch took about 1 hour, then into the hot tub and steam room for a treat (I don't usually have time to just sit in a hot tub),,,,,After the gym I thought I'd try to do the groceries ( not good ) NEVER go to the grocery store hungry !!!!
My grocery bill is usually around 130 a week but today it was 178 !!! My wife is going to have a kitten !! And I didn't even get everything on the list !!Then home to put the groceries away.
The other bad news is today was going to be a planning day so tommorow I could start my
calorie counting and start loosing this weight !!!!!! but unfortunately not enough time!!! So maybe I can plan tommorow and start Tuesday !!
40 more weeks to ironman 70.3 muskoka.
Yesterday I said I had something to talk about but was to tired to get into it !!! I will try today......I was talking to someone on Saturday that said something that made me a little upset.. I won't mention any names to protect the innocent or the guilty but this person asked me if I ever thought "if a certain individual could do something the why couldn't I "
So I said yes I have ! But I wondered why they asked me and they said " you are a little heavier so if I can do something they could do it better and faster because they are skinny and in better shape !
I didn't say anything In response to it but just walked away ! I should have thanked that person for saying that because it adds extra drive to my training.
I am not a triathalon expert by any means but I am an expert at following my coaches orders and learning from every thing I do so if my coach is an expert (which he is) then I am an expert athlete if I do everything he says! I have so much confidence in my coach the thought of a 2 km swim 90 km bike and a 21 km run kind of makes me giggle wondering what I wil do for the rest of my day after the race!! I will be so ready !!
I also now even if a smaller more fit person crosses the finish line before me big deal !!
I'm training to become a better athlete ! Racing only myself !
It's all about the training for me ,,,, the race is just the big show of how hard you trained ! Like a test of your training ! So when i make it to the race day I'm still the BIGGEST winner In my eyes and my families eyes !! And my friends eyes I know they are so proud of me for all my accomplishments so far and the new goals I have set !! They are behind me every step i take Mark my words ! I will finish my ironman !!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK


TRAIN HARD !!!!!


Oh and also 271.6 lbs today !!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, ignore the pixi's as I call them. The little people. Triathlon is an individual sport and it is always more impressive when a big guy crosses the line. You will show up to bigger nae races and realize you are the biggest guy there. Enjoy the celebrity status!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete