Sunday 13 May 2012

Some things you have to sacrifice

Good Sunday morning :

Just in time for a 7.5 km run ! Which is hard when I don't like to run in the morning!

Last night I had to go to a friends jack and Jill it was a good time but way different being the only sober person their ! Since the day that I decided to get healthy almost 2 years ago I have only had 5 instances of drinking which was good for me compared to the alcoholic I was, drinking almost every day and too excess on the weekends !

So I went to this jack and jill party which is like a stag but for everyone, they had various games and draws and door prizes and lots of drinks which was fun for my friends but a little weird for me ! Normally if I wasn't on methotrexate I probably would of had a few drinks but I'm glad I didn't have that choice because I'm up ready to do my run and weights and I'm not sick like the others!

My other sacrifice is my yearly guys weekend, I have been through a lot with my buddies, about 25 years worth and this was one of the things that kept us strong but I hope they understand that this quest for ironman is very important to me. It's very hard for a person that doesn't understand what this sport is all about ! But pus onward and upward !

So it's methotrexate time !

Wish me luck !!!


Have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment