Monday 28 May 2012

Now what?

So my twisted roller coaster of failed weight loss and injury riddled body (lol) has came up to another road block! I'm not sure what has happened but I woke up this morning and all my joints were so sore I couldn't move! I mean a pain I have never felt before, enough to say that if it's still like this tomorrow there will be no training and that will be bad seeing my first race is 19 days away and I'm in reverse!

I think it's because I stopped the methotrexate that's the only thing I can think of !!

I have an appointment to see the doctor on Wednesday but he is a dermatologist and not a rheumatologist so who knows when I'll get into see her next !

I've been thinking all day about this but the nurse told me to stop taking the methotrexate last week because I was a mess but I think it was because I was dehydrated and messed after my ride that I got real sick ! I was going to take them today because of the pain I'm in but decided to wait till Wednesday to speak to the doctor again! That might change tomorrow if I'm still in pain but as of right now I can't even walk, twist off a cap on a bottle of dressing or lift my arms above my head so that rules out swim, bike and run ! Great problems for just before my first race !

I was thinking about canceling the race but that's not me ! It would take a whole lot to stop me from not racing I think it would devastate me not to try ! After all the time and money this little race and all my races have cost ! The countless hours on the trainer spinning spinning spinning and then spinning some more ! I'm not going to give up that easy!

I know many people will say "it's only 90 bucks" but it's more than that ! Even if I have to walk it I'm walking it !

What a crazy day!
I'm going to lay down and hope the pain disappears by tomorrow so I can at least ride my bike !

Have a great day
Cross your fingers !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment