Monday 16 July 2012

Worn out

That's all I can say !
So after that race I can honestly say I was humbled at the true power the triathlon gods have !
And by triathlon gods I mean a bit of luck and yourself !
You are the triathlon god besides things like a crash or a flat tire the things you do leading up to a race determine how you will do! Sleep, food, and stress level are some of the key things you need to focus on !
If you have a coach his job has already been done, your family and friends that have supported you have completed their end of the bargain so all that's left is yourself !
I have figured out that part the hard way !
An experienced ironman finisher once told a friend of mine that triathlon starts at Olympic !and I sure found out it does !
I saw alot of ironman tattoos on the weekend ! So after all the other people have done their job along with a little luck and you keeping up your end of the deal you might finish !
The mistakes I made were numerous ! real rookie mistakes ! I won't get into all of them right now but over the next while I will touch on them here and there!
First I will start with sleep ! I didnt get enough of it ! Sleep needs to be accumulated over time not two days before ! I was way too tired ! Then I went up the day before to Gravenhurst when I should have been home preparing for the race and was exhausted but I got to see the course.
I have been training hard for a long time and it all went out the window on race day !
My next race is the Kingston long course and if I don't take care on that one ill be in trouble!

I'm off to the beach with the kids today for some fun relaxing !
Have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment