Thursday 26 July 2012

Starting to plan next year

I have three options I'm running over in my head for next season, I know this season isn't over yet but I want a well planned year so that's why I'm starting now !
I can give my ankle a rest for the summer and do short swim bikes and take it easy but I'm afraid with less important and long races I will slack off to much.
I can do two 70.3 ironman races which will be a very busy training spring and summer.
Or I can do a ironman!!!!

I'm leaning towards 2 70.3 races, muskoka again and mont tremblant.

I plan on really focusing this off season on building muscle and cutting fat, mainly losing fat in the mid section and building core muscles if my weight drops during this it's ok but I really want this fat off !

Had a good steady bike/run tonight !
I did my ten km run 15 minutes faster than my race in Gravenhurst a couple weeks ago !

1 hour 22 minutes which should put me around 2:45 minutes for my half ironman run put that with a 3:20 for the bike and a 42 minute 2 km swim and about 10 minute transition that should put me in a little under 7 hours ! That's my goal as long as the right stars line up and the ironman gods shine down on me it will be ok!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment