Friday 27 July 2012

Cobourg triathlon tomorrow

So this weekend I'm giving back to the sport by volunteering at the cobourg race! This race is close to my heart because it was my entry race ! Little did I know it would start this new crazy obsession I have ! But I'm also glad I did because I've met some amazing friends and had an amazing life changing experience!
One goal I will hopefully achieve is my ironman race and from the looks of things I will attempt that in 2013 that will give me another year to make up for the weight loss I was shooting for during this off season ! I wand to drop weight to make me faster because I'm am happy with finishing but I'd like to finish strong! So in order to compete with tiny small people I need to either get small which is not going to happen or get fast ! Which can happen If I loose weight !
I feel I will be strong from racing one full season at this heavy weight if I loose 50 pounds I should be faster!
That is my next goal ...... If I loose weight this winter and think I can do my ironman I will register, if I can't loose the weight I will try something else.
The real key for me is the bike but I'm still way to heavy to get up the hills !!! I work my butt off on the flats making great time but loose it on the grinding hills!
I'm taking the half month of September off to rest after muskoka and evaluate what I'm going to do I will have a full race plan for next year ready for October 1st.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment