Saturday 28 July 2012

Busy weekend continued

So the long day has come to an end olympic distance triathlon was a blast, it's nice to give back to triathlon with a weekend of volunteering. Team Drinkle was in full gear today and I'm very proud of them !
Giving out water at an aid station is very important and I'm glad that my kids were able to see some race faces!
Now they have a better idea when they see someone running a race and what's going threw their mind ! Some people are focused some are real friendly and some are intense but all were polite !
Right after the race we loaded up and went off to celebrate my friends birthday which brought another set of life's challenges, drinking !!! All my best friends having cold beers and partying something I loved to do !!!!! I'm also missing my annual guys weekend because of the kingston race next weekend something they don't really understand, and that's hard for me to get over but I didn't think I could go away on the trip and not drink ! I know they understand but it's still hard to put into perspective how important triathlon is to me!!!

Now off to sleep to prepare for tomorrows busy day! Volunteer then a picnic then erin is dropping me off in newcastle so I can run my 20 km back to Oshawa!


Have a great night !

No comments:

Post a Comment