Tuesday 10 July 2012

Towel picked up

So I threw in the towel but team Drinkle grabbed it before it hit the floor!
I had a great ride on Saturday with Liz followed up by an awesome party at Susan's house ! Sunday was a bit of a crappy day but I managed to burn off 14 km ! The longest run yet ! Then Monday hit !
I was already feeling tired and down and told my wife I was ready to pack it in ! She laughed at first then saw I was serious ! All she said was "your not the only one who has been working hard around here to get you to ironman" I saw she still had my back like the best friend that she is and she said she will come to track night to give me motivation ! Sure enough my biggest fan showed up ! I was very happy to see her there watching and felt good till something bad happened!
Another club member and myself got tangled up on our bikes and he fell on me bending my rim and putting a scratch on my bike !
I was told by my wife I handled it well compared to years ago when I would just freek but I gathered all my stuff and raced over to bicycles plus and had john straiten the wheel ! He said it was the best he could do and I paid and went on my way !
Once I returned home I got a message from coach Paul and I told him what I had done and he said to bring it over and he would take care of it so that's what I did!
Paul had it fixed all up he washed it and cleaned the chain all up!
He also painted the scratch looks great!
That's what being a good coach is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment