Thursday 7 June 2012

Warming up the engine

I don't have a cadence meter I don't have a speedometer I'm just now training off my heart rate and I think it's working great !

I keep my heart around 155 for maintenance and let it drift up to 170 then if I'm close to the top of the hill I'll push it but if I'm not I back off and hold 170 till the top then recover on the down hill and it seems to be working!

I really hate socks on my bike but will need to wear them to reduce blisters !
My run today was good I was running for 5 and walk for 1 with my heart rate around 145 ! I can keep it there at a 6.5 to a 7.5 km per hour pace which is very slow but steady for a man of 269 lbs!

Very happy with training this week and looking forward to next weekends race and putting together all my pieces !

Have a great night

Here is our first Drtc swim night

No comments:

Post a Comment