Sunday 17 June 2012

The day after

So I've had a day after to reflect on yesterday's race and I'm still happy I finished but a little disappointed in my times ! To train all winter and give up so much to have a worse time than last years sprint is a little upsetting !
I set the bar high for the first race and it totally didn't work out for me !
This is were a training journal works out so I can see what I did wrong !
On my brick workouts I come off my bike and blast the first 4 km then have to work for the rest but yesterday I was done within the first five minutes of the bike!
So what did I do wrong ? Was it nutrition ? Was it rest ? I had to make a last minute shoe change but that didn't effect me, did I give to much on the swim ? I don't think so I just swam!

I'm going to start by saying I better get serious about my nutrition if I want to have better times ! I think I also over heated because after every aid station I soaked myself with water and instantly picked up the pace but when that wore off back to walking ?
I only took 1 bottle of water on the bike and needed more but the Gatorade didn't cut it ! So more water is needed.

I really thought I was going to tear up the bike but just couldn't get it going !
Plus I forgot to do up my shoes in transition and had to try to do them up on the bike which was difficult because they were road bike shoes !

The temp was really high and the race started at one pm and I've never even. Trained at that time before so it was interesting to race at that time!

Don't get me wrong about my race I'm very happy ! With the confidence I felt it was a great feeling but I just have to figure out why the bike was so hard !


But on to the next race ! No more worrying about that one !

I also will say between the two race companies the recharge with milk has a better race ! They seemed more organized and there was more help !

Just a thought !

No comments:

Post a Comment