Wednesday 6 June 2012

Open water swim

It was like I never left the lake !
I was a little nervous at first because there was giant balls of algae that looked like big snot balls floating in the water ! But I braved it and away I went!

We had a great turn out 25 swimmers and the water was not to bad of a temperature but the weeds and snot balls were bad !

My shoulders felt much better in the wet suit than not in ! I swam around 1500 m with little pain!

I think the race excitement is starting to sink in I can feel it creeping up! 8 more days !!!

I still haven't decided if I'm going to go in the front or wait and start at the back because I just don't like being stuck in the middle of the pack, I would rather swim threw the pack than get trampled by swimmers that don't look where they go!

I do know once I get on my bike I'm going to have to crank it up because the runners will run me down for sure ! I know I won't become a super runner in 8 days so it will be more like a jog/waddle for me lol

But either way I can't wait !! This is why I've been training all winter !


Have a great day !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment