Friday 28 June 2013

Rest is over

Time to slowly get back into things this summer is going to fly, so much to do so little time. Gran fondo which is more of a training race Is just 3 weeks away, I haven't figured that one out yet because it doesn't have the same feeling as a triathlon ! I can ride 100 km in my sleep at a leisurely pace and without a swim or a bike first it will be even easier.

I really need to nail Muskoka this time around and I believe I can because its what I ride every weekend around here, I'm thinking I'm going to change my cassette on the back for that race, it really like to climb better. The whole race even though its more climbing I think the up and down momentum will be better, plus if things go right ill be 10 lbs down!

Time will tell ! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeff,

    Doru here, your new tri-buddy :). I just found your blog, which was a good timing as it is a quiet afternoon in the office and I was looking for something interesting to read.

    I changed my cassette 3 years ago for Muskoka, from 12-25 to 11-28 and since then I never changed it back. It made a big difference for me as I am not a good climber. I highly recommend it, as most of the races & training routes in our area are quite hilly.

    See you tomorrow morning, at my first DRTC training session.

    ReplyDelete