Sunday 16 June 2013

One week today it will be over

Well at least one event ! Still on the fence about my times, I like to improve on my last time and I know I'm not a pro (far from it) I'm not a fast age grouper but I am competitive ! So yes I want to kill this race, but there is way more than just racing and I can't control some things !

The weather I can't control, other racers, ect many things, also the ironman GODS might not be shining on you, various things can keep your dream from coming true ! PLAN your day well in advance, what you will wear, what you will eat when you will get up, plan it all !

Your race should be set up and practiced long before race day, just before I race I have a Gatorade pre-event drink then as soon as I'm in transition after the swim I have a gel and get out on the bike, then I have my main course meal, Cliff bars !!
I take 2 cliff bars and cut them in 16 pieces and eat them every 5 km set by my garmin. I have 4 bottles on my bike three with Gatorade and one I mix HEED in with it and the forth has just water. I usually eat a gel every half hour to 45 minutes on the bike depending how I feel with a couple packs of shot blocks for emergency. 

I have practiced this over and over until its like clock-work and I'm comfortable it should work. I don't have the exact calculation of calories but I will share it later its very well planned out.

My swim will be what ever it will be just a difference of a couple minutes because I just cruse and keep calm, my bike will be controlled for the first 25 km then that s when I'm turning the jets on!! People like to save everything for the run but mine never changes I'm hoping for a 7:20 pace but ill be happy with 8:00, even if I rested for a week I still couldn't run any faster so I might as well blow the bike up.

My run is not really a run, it's more like jog but I keep moving forward the best I can, do to my size it's difficult task! My planned time in is 7:12:00 ish but I'd sure like to roll in before 7:10 to beat last years half ironman by an hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment