Thursday 6 June 2013

First triathlon

I can remember my first one ! I was sure excited, I had enough nutrition with me for an ironman, enough water for three races and a 4 bottles of water to wash my feet !
I see the new athletes in the club with the same excitement and the same enthusiasm and realized that that's what this sport is all about ! 
Its about excitement and fitness ! Sure lots of people want to get out there and win but realistically how many pros are at the local races? Not to many, the race organizers are making most of their money from the age grouper ! I'm not saying that's wrong but we all need to remember we are doing it for fun, fitness and friendship and the race organizers also need to keep that up also!
Its hard for them to wait for the last people to get back in when the first people were back long ago but they do ok for what they have to work with !!!
Time for rest !!

No comments:

Post a Comment