Wednesday 22 May 2013

Ups and downs

I've come to terms with triathlon training and its ups and downs, last night I started my run and put about 2.5 km on my shoes and pulled the plug! Now that's not like me but I'm learning !
Monday was a holiday and I worked my ass off in the garden and back yard, it was harder than training for triathlon !!!
I think that had a good part in messing up my Tuesday run! Plus the crap I ate on the weekend didn't help either, which lead to my sub-par workout Tuesday night !
With my son starting baseball on Tuesdays and Thursday I figured I would change my schedule around but it will not work! I had a talk with my son today and explained to him that I would make most games and he said that's ok I know you want to be an Ironman !!! What a great little guy ! 
Everyone on my team is doing a great job keeping me on course this summer ! This being the second serious summer leading up to my full ironman next summer it should be interesting !
A few things hit me this season, one being the mental game ! There is a lot more to this sport than just training and racing, there is the whole mental aspect and I'm no pro but Id say its 95% of this sport is mental the rest just fills in!
The other part is nutrition ! I used to just eat and drink what ever when ever and now I time everything and its working out ok but with the warmer weather my sweat rate is changing so the next few warm workouts will have to be monitored close to make sure I'm taking in enough fluids.
I had a great ride today taking on some big hills to prepare for Syracuse 70.3 Ironman in 4 weeks !




No comments:

Post a Comment