Sunday 12 May 2013

Heavy training weekend

100 km bike 14 km walk!
I decided to walk today instead of run due to the fact that my right ankle is a little tender and I want to nurse it to race day, so I will walk my distance until it feels better or race day comes.
Today it actually started to snow on us! I think we are crazy !!!!!
Welcome to Canada !
I'm still currently taking methotrexate and still hoping to get off it, next doctors appointment July 4 so ill stay on it until I hear otherwise, most weekends it doesn't effect me to bad as long as I drink plenty of fluids.
I see lots of people training through injuries and the best thing I can say is take it easy and listen to what your body is telling you !!!
Slow down ! Heal up and live to train another day !
I was training with my friend John today he hit the nail on the head when he said the hardest part is getting to the starting line happy and injury free.
I always listen to the veterans who have done what I'm attempting to do !

Go leafs Go !!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment