Friday 17 May 2013

First lake swim

Jumped in the lake today to check our new club swim location at a chilly 56* it wasn't too bad just on the feet and hands, nice to get in the water with the wetsuit ! 
I have a 100 km ride to do tomorrow then over to wild wing for my birthday dinner ! The only problem with that is it sure wont fuel my Sunday morning long run s s good as I'd like but is my last meal before my final attempt at fat loss !
We had a good turn-out from the board tonight to go over our plan for the first swim and I feel confident things are in order ! 
This is kind-of a sad weekend for me because for  a big part of my life this was my most favourite weekend of the year, the official weekend of the summer party season! But now I have a different kind of party, still with good friends and bikes but the bikes don't have motors and the friends are drinking Gatorade and gels instead of beers and bacon!
I'm still happy with my current life style and will see that even more when I hit the road in the morning with my friend Liz to meet the club in Brooklin. 
I will try for some pictures tomorrow morning for our club newsletter !

Have a great long weekend !

No comments:

Post a Comment