Wednesday 1 August 2012

Wow

I don't know how I will ever train for a full ironman, this half is killing me ! Wednesday is always hard due to the methotrexate but today was one of the better Wednesdays.
I had a good swim with my tri buddies at Jackson's point, I don't really like swimming there because of the weeds but I will deal with them because I might have to swim in the weeds in a race ! So it's best to be prepared for everything.
Being prepared for Sunday is going to be interesting ! The race is the Kingston long course !!! 2 km swim 56 km bike and a 15 km run ! Long enough to get my blood flowing !
I have been thinking over the last couple weeks how I should approach this race and I haven't come up with a firm answer yet but I'm leaning on the slowing down side of this one and racing in my heart rate zone I'm used to! I'm hoping to get a couple good night sleep over the next few days to maybe help my body on race day !
I'm going to swim at a steady pace, not one that I'm dead when I come out of the water but just a nice steady pace then once I get on the bike I'll just take it easy and cruise for the first 20 minutes or so, I'm hoping my body doesn't take long to switch over but you never know ! Then after it switches over I might light the fire for a little bit but try to conserve some for the run I know I'll finish there is no question but weather it's pretty or not that has yet to be seen !
I have many friends at this race ! Lots of Drtc buddies as well as my brother-in-law Garth !! The man that's responsible for getting me into this sport !
I'm very excited to race with him ! It's nice to have something in common with a family member! I was able to race with my sister-in-law Karen at the start of the season so this year has been a treat!
But I should get to bed and rest for this weekends race !!!!
Have a great night

No comments:

Post a Comment