Monday 6 August 2012

The life IRONMAN

Since I haven't yet done an ironman I can only assume what it's like! But after my last race of a long course I know why only a select few attempt an ironman! And the reason I say attempt is even the people in my eyes who do the training they have already proved to me they are ironman quality !
The average pro that does no more than train every day and has no job or at least a minimal job I must admit is impressive but let me tell you an age grouper that works 50 to 60 hours a week and has a family and kids and other obligations is the true ironman !
Your friends and family all hear that you are training for an ironman but they don't really get it! They can't understand why you get up at 4 am they don't know why you train late into the evening they just don't understand!
180 km on a bike ? People just don't get it ! So you have to be patient with people until they get it!
I consider these races still not my a race !
My A race is going to be ironman Canada so all these races up to it will be training races !
I'm going to start my training journal tomorrow and never miss a day and will include my daily post with it to help me along the way !
Ironman is no joke and needs to be taken seriously or the ironman gods will eat you up!
I have a few friends who have completed ironman races and let me tell you they are awesome individuals in my eyes!



No comments:

Post a Comment