Sunday 26 August 2012

The Ironman gods are hard to get along with sometimes

My two friends in the ironman Canada race today unfortunately were unable to finish :( both these amazing athletes are very dear to my heart ! John who is a seasoned veteran always shares his vast knowledge of how a big man has to behave to be a triathlete although it took me a while to understand along with Susan they persisted on telling me to slow down and pace myself and this last month I have done that and found a really nice groove !
But unfortunately John was unable to finish :( the only thing I know about right now is that he is in the med tent susan is keeping me posted!
The other amazing athlete is Karen last year I trained alot with Karen and got to know her very well and was always there to answer all my newbie questions !
Unfortunately she was unable to make the bike cut off :( she missed it by 4.5 seconds :(
From reading my coaches blog she is physically fine but very disappointed !
I'm very upset also knowing the time and effort these amazing athletes put into their training !
So all my big training is done I finished my big ride of 110 km this weekend and my longest run was last weekend of 24 km but u had an 18 km run this weekend I just flew through and I'm very happy about that !
So begins my taper I don't know what to expect I've been in high gear doing big mileage and lots of training hours and I know I have lots to do around the house but I need to rest, I start holidays on Friday so that means I'll be home all day for the week leading up to my big day! I will probably go stir crazy lol !
Another issue I'm having is what I'm going to do once I go back to civilian life with my next years races unsure and a goal so far away I think I will emotionally be disturbed with the lack of drive ! I hope it doesn't get the best of me !
I'm also a little nervous about hitting the pool again I've always had troubles in the pool with my form it really aggravates my shoulders so I will really have to look at my form a little more this winter !
I'm trying very hard to stay awake to hear from Susan on johns condition but my busy weekend is getting the best of me !
I will set my alarm to check for a message from Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment