Monday 6 August 2012

Kingston continued

I didn't think that my body would ever hurt so much I couldn't walk! But I can't even get up to make a coffee !
My day started yesterday very early about 430 am I woke up from a sub par sleep! And prepared my nutrition and filled up my water bottles, packed my bags and went outside to see a terrible wind storm with 3 to 4 foot swells on the lake and white caps, I knew the swim would be canceled but was still optimistic !
After waiting with coach Paul, Christine and our amazing team supporters coach Paul decided to tell us we better get our swim gear on just in case, we put our gear on and walked down to the swim start, with 5 minutes to start they called the swim !!!!
That gave us one hour to prepare for a duathlon, something I have never done before but spoke with coach Paul and he said I could do what ever race I felt comfortable with doing!
So being the bull headed man that I am I decided to do the long which was my longest run yet ! My reasoning was I would be able to feel what the muskoka 70.3 would feel like !
The first run I did was ok and comfortable, just like I've been training then off onto the most difficult bike I have ever done ! Wind, rain, heat, everything you can imagine but I finished it ! One thing that did go threw my mind was calling it a day after the bike ! I was wet, tired and uncomfortable, Susan and John also my coaches and family were there and I didn't want to let them down so I pressed on ! I was able to run up to the 9 th km then switched to a walk because this wasn't my a race I decided there was no sense in killing myself and getting injured in a training race !
I walked to the last km then ran it in down the shoot !
The race had some great volunteers but the directional signage wasn't the best !
Today is rest and stretch but I'm I'm huge pain!


Thx to all my supporters without you I wouldn't be able to pull it off !

No comments:

Post a Comment