Monday 27 August 2012

The day after ironman Canada

So I have had a day to try to imagine what my two friends are going threw!
In my eyes they are amazing athletes to even attempt such a task ! The years and months of training they have done is an iron task itself !
The race I think is the reward for all the hard work and there is so many different factors at hand when it happens !
Hydration, nutrition, sleep, temperature, what mood your in, injuries, state of mind, wind, mechanicals, rain, the day before, the week before, many many things all depend on the stars to line up!
I've been asked if I'm ready and I and I say yes I'm ready but will I do everything right? That is yet to be decided ! The only time I can guarantee I'll cross the finish line is the second I'm close enough to see it and even then it will be not certain until I cross !
So I'm going to try to have a solid game plan for hydration, nutrition, rest, sleep, and mechanical and just go out and do the work !
Everyone else will have completed their end of the bargain !
My coach did his part by getting me ready my family took the brunt of the grumpy tired triathlete and pushed and pulled and ignored all my funny crappy moods ! My friends always gave a listening ear when I talked endlessly about my sport !
My triathlete friends kept me on course and offered advice and encouragement when times got tough!
I have a few friends I trained with regularly that were a big part in gettin me where I am today !
So today coach paul told me in an email it's getting close to race day and I have to be careful and keep myself in a bubble so that's my goal this week and next !
Safe easy training no injuries do my taper and rip the race course up in two weeks !!!
Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment