Tuesday 21 August 2012

Hard to complete

Tonight's training was difficult ! Intact I wasn't able to complete it !
I did my 30 km bike and I was 4 km into my 6 km run and had to through in the towel !
I bought a new pair of shoes yesterday but it wasn't from them I think it was from the lack of sleep last night ! But none the less I didn't finish which probably means nothing, it was only two km but the mental part that I wasn't even able to walk it out will be a difficult one to handle !
I have one more brick this week and two next week then taper starts ! Thank god !
I'm starting to get a little nervous about the race now !!! I'm not really sure what I'm nervous about but I'm just nervous!
My pre race plan so far is as follows !
Subject to change of course after I talk with my coach !
I will swim the swim in my cruse mod which means I will find a pair of feet of equal or just a little faster then myself and will put it in cruse control oh ya I forgot for breakfast on race day it's waffles coffee and maybe a bacon sandwich ! Followed just before the swim by Gatorade pre game shot !
As soon as I exit the water I will hit a gel ! I'm not sure if I will carry it in my wetsuit or hit it first thing at my bike I will ask coach !
Once on the bike for the first 25 or so km I will ride at about 60% then after i hit between the 35 and 45 km I will shift it into high Gear eating a gel evey 20 minutes and drinking my Gatorade with heed in it every 10 minutes At about the 30 km mark I will eat my first quarter of my peanut butter sandwich then a quarter every 30 km after that leaving me with one quarter to eat after the first 45 minutes on my run, I will continue eating gels every 20 to 30 minutes as the Gatorade will be mostly gone because in only bringing one in my hop pouch on the run and the water will come from the aid station !
My run will consist of running for the first km then as I move threw the km I will decide If a run walk will be needed! I'd like to run the whole thing in under 3 hours with the bike at 3.5 and the swim at 45 so 10 mins for transition that makes 740 plus 5 mins for the run up so say 7:45 I will be happy within!
Have a great night !

No comments:

Post a Comment