Sunday 12 August 2012

4 weeks to ironman 70.3

Getting excited
Yesterday was a crazy day ! We woke up early to go swim and got almost up to the lake and it was too dangerous to swim so coach called it which is always the safest thing to do ! Then I went back home to get my bike out or my 100 km ride and away I went! I was going to hit the enniskillen hill then take on the hills of mosport, but at the 16 th km I broke a spoke !!!!!
So I called Erin to come and get me then we went on our way to D'ornellas to get the repair done!
The bike mechanic advised me the wheel would be Ok to train on but he wouldn't race on it !
On the way home I messaged my frien to see how her ride was and they were pinned down in a small town about a half hour north in the cold and rain so I shot up to get them!!! They both have big races coming up and there was no sense for sickness or injury plus it extremely dangerous to ride in that type o weather!
When I got home I jumped back on my bike to finish my 100 km but the weather was still dicy, I completed 56 km of my ride and called it myself due to weather !
Home for pizza!!!!!

Now I'm off for a swim to Cobourg with John followed by a 22 km run walk which I'm going to run smart this time !

Have a great day !

No comments:

Post a Comment