Tuesday 22 November 2011

What a great swim !!!

Good evening !! Lots of freezing rain out there tonight soon I'm expecting the phone to ring to get the salters out on the road !
Today was a great swim 2600 m well within my distance for the half ironman then the bike is coming along well too I'm averaging 25 km per hour 75 km in 3 hours and that was at a relaxing pace ,,,,, race pace will be a little quicker
I left off yesterday telling about the beginning and how I got started!!!! I spoke a few times with my brother in law about a race !! And if you knew me back then it was the last thing someone would ever think I'd do "" but then I decided to do it !!! My wife Erin and I were driving in whitby one day and a decided to go into the running room for a new pair of running shoes I very quietly walked in when my wife said that I was interested in triathlon and wanted some shoes !! The sales lady who I now know as Kim told me about the Durham region triathlon club which I raced home and looked it up on the web and proceeded to join!
This was a great dessision because I was introduced to a amazing bunch of athletes and also the iron motivation team which I am now a part of
Very tired tonight from my 5 am swim so off to bed !! Have a great evening !!!!


Oh and by the way 278lbs that's not to good :(

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeff, I just saw Susan's posting of your blog and gave it a read. I can definitely share your pain about our weight. In the past I would train and hardly loose any weight. Be patient and focus on training your body for the event. the weight will come off at some point. And be kind to your body. Take some time to let the aches and pains have a chance to recover.

    Mark - Clydesdale

    ReplyDelete