Sunday 27 November 2011

Best wishes for mark!!!

I would like to wish mark all the best on his new adventures! Had a fun time last night with everyone I even had one beer !!!! On the first couple club rides I went on I spent some time riding with mark he was very patient with me and answered all my questions and always offered me reassurance that a big man was very capable of finishing races!! He said we might not be fast but we can go forever!!!
Mark is very lucky to have raced with his daughter which must be a amazing thing to do!!
I can't wait to try a race with my girls,,,, they have recently asked to start training and my oldest has joined the triathlon club at school.
Today I woke up at 8 went to the gym did my hour and a half of weights then did 45 mins of cardio and had a good half hour of stretching !
I have to stretch really good on Sunday's because I have a hour and a half of hockey to play which is also good cardio !
So off to hockey !!!! We lost but it was a good game ! I continued to play friendly and find the good In people lol which is a big change in me if you ever watched me play before!!!
The last couple days of every month always are filled with suspense for me waiting for coach Paul to send my next months plans to me, I can't wait to see when we finally get to shift into high gear!
Everyday I have been trying to fill you in on the first summer of training and racing today I will tell you about my first lake swim !
It didn't go over to good for me ! I have a small fear of fish and weeds! And people always say " why are you afraid of fish ? You fish all the time!"
Well all the fish I have caught and had for dinner I think that karma is looking for me lol
But anyway the first swim with my wet suit was a challenge ,, so was putting on the wetsuit it kind of looked like a giant sealion rolling on the grass .....when I finally got out into the water I swam a lap or two and had a panic attack coach Paul was close and had me relax and swim threw it I didn't swim very far that day but my first day was a real challenge.
When the swim was over it was time for a 71 km bike back to whitby
More on that on tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment