Saturday 8 September 2012

Day before race day

So it's 345 am and I can't sleep ! GREAT:(
I'm not going to worry about it because I can still nap today and hope to get a good sleep the tonight before the big day !
So 24 hours from now I'll be standing at the start line ready to put all this training to use !
After all the hours I put in its finally time ! The way I see it unfolding is like this "IT'S NOT GOING TO BE PRETY " the swim will go as normal!! The only problem I have is the large number of others in the water at the same time but after the first 400 m of thrashing around it should have worked itself out to be a normal lake swim for myself.
Then I am totally expecting to see some of the wave ahead of me on the swim before I get out ! But you never know with this sport !
I'm not sure yet if I'm going to use the wetsuit strippers or not !! With the cold temps it might be better to run up warm and dry off instead of running up cold this all will be a game day decision.
The run up the hill to transition is a difficult one !!! I'm going to leave a pair of shoes on the green to run up the hill in to save my delicate feet !!! I'm not sure how much they are going to like me tomorrow so I better be nice to them.
I'm going to start the bike with all my gear on, I'm just trying to decide what I will wear for a top because want to run in my DRTC tri suit so I will for sure have it on under anything I ride in !
I'm not expecting any trouble on the bike at all, maybe just some minor fatigue !
Then my nemesis !!!! The run !!!!!!
I'm expecting a good run, but slow nothing fancy I'm just going to get out there and run !
I'm expecting 3 hours and 15 minutes but you never know my run keeps getting faster over the last few weeks !
At the end of the race I'm going to have some chips and dip along with a cold Budweiser tall can !

So I better try to sleep again !! If not I'll be back !

No comments:

Post a Comment