Monday 3 September 2012

6 more days

So here I am sitting on the shores of Stoney lake thinking about my 70.3 ironman and how to go about it! All my planning, advice from friends, and training should have me ready ! I need to trust that it's done it's part and now I have to do mine!
Everyone that's had their hand in my 70.3 race has completed their end of the bargain except me! I need to race !
I can see in my wife's and family's eyes that they are at the end of their triathlon training and I think they're glad because getting an athlete to the finish line is a team event but it's just the athlete that has to race!
My wife Erin is an complete solid rock for me and keeps me going even though she is completely worn out I know that without her this wouldn't be possible ! For dealing with my worn out moods to preparing training meals to driving me here and there also doing everything around the house !
My oldest daughter Jenna is a splitting image of her mother always putting me and my triathlon ahead of everything else and doing everything needed for me to complete my goal!
My second oldest daughter Abbey really came to bat over the last couple months and I'm so very proud of her for watching her brother and taking care of things on the nights Erin and I were completely exhausted ! It's nice to know that you have back up in your corner!
My youngest Jeff JR is the one I feel sorry for and doesn't really understand what I'm doing, I think he just thinks I have no time for him and I see it in his eyes!
I have a huge pile of "make up" after this is over ! But I'm so thankful to have a solid team like "TEAM DRINKLE" behind me!
I was sitting here on the shores of Stoney lake this morning thinking of all the people responsible to get me here and the list is lengthy !
My coach Paul Johnson of "Team Iron Motivation and all the experienced athletes on the team have done a huge amount in getting me here !
My friends played a huge role also putting up with my triathlon filled brain they must be real sick of hearing about it, it's also hard for them to comprehend the whole idea ! It's tough for anyone that doesn't do this sport !
I have another group of friends that have alot to do with my success ! My tri buddies who answer many questions and always have great things to say to help me along this incredible path! I thank all of them !

This week is an important week of rest and hydration for me !
Have a great day !

No comments:

Post a Comment