Sunday 14 July 2013

Simple plan

This was a dramatic weekend, non stop, hard work and disappointment. Friday was a standard Friday filled to the brim with fun filled work day, yes fun lol I don't know how else to explain it !!!

Friday evening I had thoughts of my atv trip with my life long buds from when we were kids (it's hard to keep people in your life for twenty five years ! I went to the local atv store and got the parts to get my bike ready for the trip to pine falls near Sudbury in two weeks, a well needed break from the real world !

Saturday was the disappointment, my 100 km ride turned ugly mostly was hitting the wall and not enough sleep, I think the problem is my 100 km rides have been so easy and regular that I took the distance for granted, something I shouldn't do. After 60 I was toast and the friends that were riding with me were kind enough to nurse me back but ill tell you it was sure ugly.

That wasn't the way I wanted my last training ride before the granfondo this coming weekend but ill get passed it! This will be a totally different experience riding with a pack of roadies who love to draft and us triathletes that are programmed not to draft it should be interesting.

At least the family will have a nice weekend away at a nice hotel with a pool to sit around and soak in, a well deserved break for them also. 

A little under 8 weeks for Muskoka to roll around time to turn up the heat on the triathlon training, it's been almost a month after Syracuse so better start to hammer triathlon training! I've decided that I will lay off the running after Muskoka until my ankle recovers so its in good shape for ironman training next season.

Hotel is booked for next summers ironman distance race now it's time to put the plan together.



No comments:

Post a Comment