Wednesday 3 July 2013

Lesson learned

So after my disappointing finish time in Syracuse a lot of things have crossed my mind, should I not register for mont Tremblant ? That's my first question and I've come up with an answer !! Yes I still want to sign up, although I know I'm too fat right now with the right planning I will get on top of this.

Had a talk with Erin and she is on board with my goals (was never a doubt) I know I couldn't finish without her ! My kids are already triathlon veterans, they are only young and know what it takes to complete long distance triathlons, plus they like the trips. That is my main step in completing my first triathlon. 

The training I already know will be hard but I do have the guts to complete it, as for work I can't really say how it will effect me but it shouldn't be too negative,

So bottom line what did I learn from Syracuse ? I learned how to bring myself back from a miserable race in a terrible state and cross the line! I was near ready to tap out, ready to through in the towel but I marched on though the hard times and finished the race. 

That's what I need to take into the ironman !



No comments:

Post a Comment